July 27th, 2017 • Press
Marquis Bank has committed $275,000 to helping low-income children in Miami-Dade County to receive quality educational opportunities.
“There is a significant need in Miami-Dade County, and assisting the youth of South Florida is a very important part of Marquis Bank’s mission and values. It is our belief that this gift can help children to build on their future and the future of our community. I would like to encourage other banks in South Florida to join in this positive effort to give more educational options to the low-income children of Miami-Dade,” said Wanda Marin, Marquis Bank’s Compliance Officer and Audit Manager.
Marquis Bank donated through the AAA Scholarship Foundation, which awards scholarships solely to qualifying low-income, disabled or displaced students. It is one of two scholarship funding organizations approved to administer the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship Program. The scholarships enable low-income children to gain access to schools that will lead to a successful outcome.
About AAA Scholarship Foundation The AAA Scholarship Foundation awards scholarships solely to qualifying low-income, disabled and/or displaced students. The typical AAA Scholarship student is an ethnic minority living with a struggling single parent/caregiver in a high crime community. More than 85 percent of AAA scholarships are distributed to children at or below 185 percent of poverty. Many children are either below grade level, failing at their previous school or both when they receive a scholarship. Parents, who find their children in these circumstances and care about their future, look for viable options. They seek an atmosphere that challenges their child and will reverse inadequate learning, social patterns and the potential lifelong negative impact. They wish to change their child’s learning environment, acquaintances and the unfortunate predictable outcomes associated with school failure.
About Marquis Bank Marquis Bank, with more than $490 million in assets, is a full-service community bank dedicated to serving business owners, professionals and investors. Marquis has successfully blended convenient state-of-the-art technology with personal attention to create an exceptional banking experience for its clients. For more information, please call 305.443.2922 or visit www.MarquisBank.com.
July 24th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank is currently seeking an experienced Consumer Compliance Assistant to join our team in Coral Gables.The duties and responsibilities to the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the goals, values and operating principles of Marquis Bank and in conformity with all laws and regulations governing the Bank, including BSA. Business relationships will be conducted in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank.
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct consumer compliance monitoring reviews according to the Regulatory Compliance program to ensure compliance with laws and regulations by reviewing deposit and loan activities across the organization. Proposes appropriate corrective action(s) to the Regulatory Compliance Officer for exceptions and weaknesses identified.
- Assists and support in maintaining a comprehensive training program to address the Bank’s policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Execute data integrity reviews for consumer regulatory reporting requirements.
- Assists and support the Regulatory Compliance Officer in preparing periodic reports to be presented to the Compliance Committee, and the Board concerning the Bank’s current record of consumer compliance.
- In coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer, research and respond to consumer compliance questions from personnel.
- In coordination with the Regulatory Compliance Officer, provides assistance to management for implementing procedures for consumer compliance with new consumer protection statutes and/or regulations and changes to existing laws and/or regulations.
- Participates in representing Marquis Bank in community activities as part of the Bank’s efforts to meet community needs.
- Additional duties and participation in projects on behalf of the Compliance Department as assigned by the Regulatory Compliance Officer.
- Maintains current knowledge of changes in bank regulations.
- Adherence to all Marquis Bank Policies and Procedures.
- Completes all required compliance training requirements.
Required Skills, Experience and/or Education:
- Approximately 2 to 5 years of experience in a financial compliance position.
- Knowledge of banking related practices consistent with that normally obtained through job experience.
- Experience monitoring, analyzing, and making recommendations relative to compliance.
- Experience and knowledge of applicable company safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Application of math and algebraic formulas. Experience in use and function of office equipment including computers and applicable software.
- Experience identifying, researching, evaluating, and prioritizing problems or specific situations, and determining appropriate action/response.
- Demonstrated ability to research and prepare procedures, and forms related to compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret manuals, reports, governmental regulations, directives, policies, procedures, and correspondence.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
July 20th, 2017 • Blog
Coral Gables-based Marquis Bank has announced the promotion of Jacklyn Mesa to BSA Analyst I. In this new role, Ms. Mesa will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Anti-Money Laundering regulatory requirements, as well as carries out essential BSA/AML operational routines including resolution of alerts generated daily through the Suspicious Activity Monitoring (SAM) System. She joined Marquis in 2014 as a BSA Assistant.
“Jaklyn is extremely deserving of this recognition,” said Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Filip Feller. “She has a willingness to go above and beyond in her work ethic, and I am confident that she will continue to grow with Marquis.”
July 17th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank has promoted Henry Marrero to Assistant Vice President, Personal Banker. Henry joined Marquis in 2015 and is responsible for opening and managing accounts for the bank’s Coral Gables client base.
“Henry has proven himself to be an invaluable asset to our Coral Gables branch,” says Monica Garbati, Vice President and Branch Administrator. “His work ethic and commitment to our customers are perfectly aligned with the bank’s mission to provide outstanding personalized service.”
July 13th, 2017 • Blog
Marquis Bank is pleased to announce the hiring of Javier Currais as Vice President and BSA Officer. In this position, he is responsible for overseeing adherence of the Bank’s policies and procedures to federal and state laws and regulations as well as developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act.
“We are excited to welcome Javier to Marquis Bank,” says Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Filip Feller. “He brings a level of knowledge and experience that will help us to continue to strengthen our risk management and compliance program.”
Mr. Currais has extensive experience in BSA/AML/OFAC compliance, regulatory compliance and corporate training. He possesses a strong knowledge of bank operations which enables him to better understand complex transactional patterns and behaviors. He is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS).
Most recently, Mr. Currais served as Vice President and Assistant BSA/AML/OFAC and Policy Officer at TotalBank. He has also held similar positions at Ocean Bank and Great Florida Bank. Mr. Currais graduated with a Master of Arts degree from Rutgers University.