We are currently seeking an experienced Bank Teller to join our team in our Coral Gables branch.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cash checks and pay out money after signature and funds verification
- Receive and process cash and checks presented for deposit.
- Record transactions into Bank’s computer system and issue receipts to customers.
- Prepare Currency Transaction Reports (CTR’s) for all reportable cash transactions.
- Explain, promote and sell products or services such as cashier’s checks.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and legality of the documents.
- Identify transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Balance currency, coin and checks in cash drawers and calculate balances using computers, calculators or adding machines.
- Receive and count daily inventories of cash and cashier’s checks.
- Count currency and coin by hand or using currency counting machine in order to prepare them for deposit or shipment to the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Process loan payments (Installment, commercial, Credit Line and Mortgage) and forward documentation to the Loan Operation Department.
- Monitors bank vaults to ensure cash balances are correct.
- Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs.
- Count, verify and post armored car deposits.
- Process daily work via image capture for transmittal to core processor.
- Answer telephone calls as needed.
- Stay up to date on bank policies and procedures by attending and successfully completing all mandatory training.
- Promote business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Assist platform staff with daily customer needs such as transfers, stop payments and check verifications.
- Math and communication skills consistent with normally obtained through a High School diploma or G.E. D. Ability to interact comfortably and confidently with the public and able to demonstrate the initiative to initiate dialogue and the ability and initiative to utilize sound judgment is required.
- Work requires god verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Approximately 1 to 5 years of experience as a teller. Proficiency in using computer software for typical office applications and functions is also preferred.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at any time at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.