Vice President - Professional & Executive Banking
The Vice President of Professional & Executive Banking (Junior Banker)is responsible for the development and maintenance of new commercial client banking relationships. He/she is also responsible for the development, maintenance and retention of existing Marquis client banking relationships that will be re-assigned to Junior Banker. Business development efforts should include: asking for loan opportunities, deposit opportunities and other applicable products and services that generate interest/fee income for the financial institution.
The duties and responsibilities to the position are to be carried out in a manner that is consistent with the goals, values and operating principles of Marquis Bank and in conformity with all laws and regulations governing the Bank, including BSA. Business relationships will be conducted in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The job has specific responsibility of generating core deposit growth (ODA, MM, CD, Savings, IOTA) while cross- selling the bank’s other products and services.
- The job has the specific responsibility of generating new loan opportunities (Commercial Term Loans, Lines of Credit, HELOC’s, etc) while cross-selling the bank’s other products and services.
- Responsibilities include expanding the bank’s profile in the community through the profitable growth of deposits, loans, fees and customers, while representing yourself and the Marquis brand with responsiveness, integrity and hard work.
- Ensure customer service excellence for your clients by overseeing both the credit and deposit departments involvement in servicing your clients. (Delegate but stay involved) ·
- Maintain compliance of portfolio (insurances, past due, overdrafts, updated financials, etc).
- Make prospect and customer calls to businesses/individuals to generate business development opportunities.
- Sets up meetings with Supervisor to go on new/existing client calls (expectation of 4 meetings per week).
- Develops new business mainly through wide network of referral sources; maintains network of referral sources and proactively asks for prospect leads; ensures referral sources have current information on commercial and retail products. Maintains strong partnerships with other business units (i.e., SBA Lending, Deposit Ops, Online Banking Specialist, etc).
- Protects the assets of the bank through the proper execution and administration of operational and risk management policies and procedures in compliance with the mandates of the Board of Directors and the law.
- Stay abreast of industry and regulatory changes.
- Stay up to date on bank policies and procedures by attending and successfully completing all mandatory training.
- Participate and represent the bank in community activities/professional organizations. Goal is to join 2 weekly/monthly business groups or Boards within first 12 months
- Organize and collect client information for KYC purposes.
- Develop good understanding of client base to help clients achieve their deposit and lending objectives.
- Complete all online compliance training assigned by BSA officer.
- Help EVP/Branch Administrator prepare Term Sheets, Loan Request Summaries and other loan related packaging requirements for credit underwriting
- Ask for business. Cast your networking net far and wide.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Solid understanding of commercial lending offerings.
- Solid understanding of all deposit products and services (Personal and Business)
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a similar field is required and 4 to 7 years knowledge of banking related practices consistent with that normally obtained through experience in the commercial banking field.
- Natural interpersonal/communication skills, bi-lingual, PC proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), listening skills, positive and helpful attitude, - collaboration, client service centric, resourceful, ability to work under pressure/deadlines, persuasive, self-motivated and team player.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at any time at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.
Marquis Bank is an equal opportunity employer.