Wire Transfer Supervisor
The Wire Transfer Supervisor is responsible for the administration of the Bank’s wire transfer systems and related products and services. Responsible for the daily Wire Transfer functions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Train employees on the wire transfer system.
- Input transactions into applicable systems, maintain records of transfer procedures and reconciles all accounts.
- Final review and approval of incoming, outgoing, and internal payment transactions posted to ensure accuracy and compliance with all bank’s policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Write, update and implement policies and procedures for the Wire Transfer department.
- Review and release wire transfers in foreign exchange currency.
- Compilation and review of the department’s end of day batches to ensure all transactions are balanced and are accepted.
- Maintain department operating procedures and adhering to all approved policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Resolve any wire transfer investigation within a timely manner
- Monthly: Preparation and delivery of department’s statistics
- Attend all required trainings.
- Knowledge of banking related practices consistent with that normally obtained through a degree in finance, accounting is preferred.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate and interact with government officials and to work effectively with officers and employees.
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of experience as a Wire Transfer Supervisor level position and or an Associate degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
It is the responsibility of each bank staff member and of management to adhere to policies and procedures designed to implement compliance with the laws and regulations to which the bank is subject. Each bank staff and management member shall be accountable for understanding how compliance with laws and regulations affects the performance of their day-to-day duties, for completing compliance training as assigned and for carrying out those duties in a manner to achieve compliance with those laws and regulations.
The above mentioned are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed rather than to be an inclusive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for the position. Job duties may be changed at any time at management’s discretion. The job description is not intended to create contractual obligations of any kind.