Preventing Identity Fraud
- Protect your accounts. Do not loan your ATM or Debit MasterCard® or share your passwords with anyone who is not authorized on your account. Do not share your account numbers with anyone.
- Report lost or stolen checks and ATM/Debit MasterCards immediately. Review new checks to make sure none were stolen. Be aware of the expiration date on your ATM/Debit MasterCard. If you do not receive a reissued card before the expiration date, notify our Customer Support Center.
- Store new and cancelled checks safely.
- Question suspicious emails or phone inquiries. Unless you initiated the contact, Marquis Bank will not request your personal information (account number, Social Security Number, or mother’s maiden name) through email, U.S. mail, or by phone. Please notify us immediately if you receive odd calls or emails claiming to come from Marquis Bank. Be especially wary of those requesting account information to “award a prize” or “verify a statement.”
- Guard your ATM and Online Banking information. Avoid using obvious or easily obtainable information as your password. Don’t share your passwords with anyone or write them down.
Preventing Identity Theft
- Don’t give out financial information online or on the phone unless you initiated the contact, and know the party you’re dealing with
- Shred unnecessary financial documents, including old bank statements, invoices, and unwanted pre-approved credit offers.
- Promptly retrieve incoming mail, and don’t put outgoing mail in your residential mailbox.If regular bills or statements stop reaching you, take action. Call the company’s customer service number.
- Don’t ignore suspicious charges. If doubtful or unauthorized charges appear on your bills or statements, call immediately to resolve the discrepancy.
- Don’t write personal numbers on your checks. Never preprint your driver’s license or Social Security Number on your checks.
- Don’t carry your Social Security card in your wallet; instead keep it in a safe place.
Check Your Credit Report
- TransUnion: 800-916-8800 or visit website
- Equifax: 800-685-1111 or visit website
- Experian: 888-397-3742 or visit website
For More Information
For additional information about account fraud and identity theft, you can refer to the U.S. government’s central website for information about identity theft.
Marquis Bank is not responsible for the content, products, or services provided on third-party sites hyperlinked from this page. Marquis Bank does not endorse or guarantee the products, information, or recommendations provided on third party sites hyperlinked from this page, and Marquis Bank is not liable for the failure of products or services offered on those third party sites. Third party sites may provide less information, privacy or security than the Marquis Bank website. You should review the privacy and security policies of a website before you provide personal or confidential information.